[TYPO3-dev] String keys in COA/COA_INT

Rudy Gnodde rgn at windinternet.nl
Thu May 28 10:51:04 CEST 2009

Hello Xavier,

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> This would make it a lot less confusing when you override or add
>> things in certain branches of the tree.
>
> And how should it work with ordering? I guess you would end up with keys
> like
>
> lib.foo.10sometext
> lib.foo.20someothertext
>
> Because you may not have noticed but the number key may be defined in
> any order...

I had noticed that, which is why I haven't made a patch for it yet.
There are a few possible options I can think of and none of them are
perfect.

1. Alphabetical. Which, like you say, means you'll most likely end up
with 10sometext, 20sometext, etc. This isn't the option I prefer.
2. In the same order as in TypoScript. This will make it impossible to
add something in between, so this isn't a good option either.
3. A sorting parameter. So you would get "lib.foo.sometext.sorting =
10". If multiple items have the same sorting (or none at all) you could
still do it in alphabetical order so it would still be backwards compatible.

Perhaps someone has a different (better) solution for this.

Regards,

Rudy Gnodde
WIND Internet