[TYPO3-dev] Strange RealURL Problem

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Wed May 27 10:57:51 CEST 2009

Hello Patrick,

Patrick Lobacher schrieb:
> Peter Niederlag schrieb:
[...]
> yes you are right - the best solution (till TYPO3 has a proper preview
> handling) seems to be to switch of RealURL completely for the preview
> host - so it is possible to preview the content pages and if you want to
> check the RealURL setting than you have to go to the real domainname and
> test it from there...

Sry, but I don't see why to blame TYPO3 for this. Making the same
content/page available under different domains is considered bad
practice and doesn't really make sense.

Also it makes calcualting the realUrl really tough as it changes the
references(rootPage).

You can even easily spoil your site by this setup as it puts wrong
realurls/pages into cache if you don't disable realurl on the preview host.

Why do you need that "preview host" in first place?

If it is just for the login status in BE you should rather work on that
issue, which is to be easily solved with subdomains. Don't know about
different domains.

Cheers,
Peter
--