[TYPO3-dev] Strange RealURL Problem

Patrick Lobacher plobacher at n-o-g.de
Wed May 27 10:09:40 CEST 2009

Hi Dmitry,

> Patrick Lobacher wrote:
>> I have a strange RealURL problem which I tried to solve for about a week
>> - but I have no clue:
>
> This problem is not with RealURL. RealURL only generates and decodes URLs, it does not do anything related to the preview. TYPO3 uses current domain for preview. In other words, it assumes that all previewed pages are in the current domain. URLs generated by the preview are not RealURLed, they all look like /index.php?id=123 as you found yourself:

Yes, of course. As you said, the problem is, that TYPO3 uses the preview
domain (and not the domain record which is already there).

Would this not a nice feature? If there is someone who wants to
implement this I would like to sponsor it ... not for the current
project but for the future as more and more projects will have a
multidomain setup (in my case).

>> In this case I get an error message which says "Reason: RealUrl error:
>> multidomain configuration without rootpage_id!". I have added an entry
>> for the IP-Adress to realurl config (I used the rootpage_id = 1):
>
> The error is explained exactly in this message: RealURL is enabled but cannot find configuration. Therefore it fails. But even if it could find the configuration, it will detect that it cannot decode anything because the URL is not RealURLed! Therefore there is nothing that I or RealURL can do you for you here. When TYPO3 learns to use proper domains for preview, your problems will be solved.
>
> An alternative solution is to ask your users to login to the domain they want to preview.

Yes, but as they have about 30 Domains (still growing) this could be a
Login/Logout-Marathon ;-)

Thanks a lot Dmitry
Patrick