[TYPO3-dev] TCEForm does not add element since R5441 if adding a new element to a field with maxitems>1

Stefan Geith typo3dev2008.nospam1 at geithware.de
Fri May 22 10:02:20 CEST 2009

Hi Devs,

Can anyone confirm this error:

With the latest trunk, I found out, that I can no longer add elements to
a group-field. In my Example I have the following in my flexform.xml:

<config>
	<type>group</type>
	<internal_type>db</internal_type>
	<allowed>fe_users</allowed>
	<size>5</size>
	<maxitems>99</maxitems>
	<minitems>0</minitems>
	<show_thumbs>0</show_thumbs>
</config>

When I want ot add a FeUser, the DB-Browser pops up, but I cannot select
any items.

I reverted Typo3 trunk to R5440: works as expected
I reverted Typo3 trunk to R5441: does not work.

So the problem seems to be in this fix by Benni:
"Fixed #11087 and #6372: TCEForm does not replace the existing element
if adding a new element to a field with maxitems=1"

The Error-Console of Firefox tells me:
"Error: el is null
Source:
http://...alt_doc.php?&edit[tt_content][17]=edit&returnUrl=%2Ftypo3%2Fdb_new.php%3Fid%3D24%26returnUrl%3Ddb_list.php%253Fid%253D24%2526table%253D