[TYPO3-dev] Proper DIFFs vs. Less work for Devs

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon May 18 16:34:27 CEST 2009

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] schrieb:
>> So I'm going to need the pure PHP solution sooner or later anyways (what
>> do the windows guys do anyways? Buy Macbooks? ;-))
>
> Why? The GNU Tools are available for Windows too. We could even make a
> TER extension that ships the necessary binaries. This would even make
> also the element history work out of the box.

We can't expect people are able to install those.
That's the problem.
Think about your mom, your dad, your uncle maybe...
Expect people who use TYPO3 but never wrote a single line of PHP code or
installed SVN or such.
You can do it, so can I, but they can't ;-)

The question is if it is possible to ship a "generic" patch.exe (or
similar, don't know) with the extension so I can use patch on *nix OSes
and the included patch.exe if the user runs windows.

I hope these work on the different windows versions (at least x64 could
cause problems).

cheers
Mathias

P.S. I like the direction this thread is talking btw.

--
TYPO3 certified intregator
T3DD09 Entertainer