[TYPO3-dev] Proper DIFFs vs. Less work for Devs

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon May 18 16:00:57 CEST 2009

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Mattes, now I've got your point! Great idea too, sounds really useful!
>
> But I also would go with Marcus' idea of first requiring an installed
> "patch" binary and coding the other "funky" stuff around that.

thanks.
Believe me, I'd rather go for the binary too, but Darth Hader and I did
the patch-review-mentoring session at T3DD09 and the folks I want to
"drag" into this task are most commonly overwhelmed by installing XAMPP.

So I'm going to need the pure PHP solution sooner or later anyways (what
do the windows guys do anyways? Buy Macbooks? ;-))

But since there are not many services around I see this as some sort of
personal crusade to build the thing "serviced".

Wanna know what's really cool?
The SSO API in Mantis breaks the ability to query it via SOAP... you
gotta love it...

cheers
Mathias

--