[TYPO3-dev] IE8 clickenlarge problems

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sat May 16 14:55:55 CEST 2009

Hi Dmitry,

>> as there are several JS framworks now in core, how about dropping the
>> popup-window and add some lightbox-stuff instead? Or - remove all the
>> inline-JS and do all the JS-magic at one central point (onDomReady at
>> the bottom of the page) like in all those lightbox clones. I never liked
>> the way clickEnlarge was implemented anyway (why pass all HTML
>> formatting in the URL?).
>
> We can't use a full–blown ExtJS for this because it will be too large. But we can improve existing solution.

I haven't said the 500 kB heavy ExtJS should be used ;)

> The idea is to use a special table for this. When click-enlarge is generated, it should pass a token to the eID script, not a html. eID will lok up a token, find image information an generate proper markup. Currently the logic is reverted: tslib_cObj makes the markup and eID shows it. It should not be like that.

Sounds good to me. Any chance to make the showpic html markup
configurable in this step? Using a separate TS cObject for this might be
nice and give a lot of flexiblity. That way you could either write your
custom markup in a COA construct or even use a external HTML template
via the TEMPLATE object.

Some default setup could look like this:

# showpic would be a preserved namespace then
showpic = PAGE
showpic {
	typeNum = 9876
	bodyTag = <body style="margin:0;
padding:{$styles.content.imgtext.linkWrap.expand}px; background:#fff;">
	10 = IMAGE
	10 {
		file {
			import.data = TSFE:register|showpic|imageFile
			width = {$styles.content.imgtext.linkWrap.width}
			height = {$styles.content.imgtext.linkWrap.height}
			params = {$styles.content.imgtext.linkWrap.effects}
		}
		altText.data = TSFE:register|showpic|altText
		stdWrap {
			append = TEXT
			append {
				data = TSFE:register|showpic|caption
				required = 1
				wrap =  {$styles.content.imgtext.linkWrap.captionWrap}
			}
		}
		stdWrap {
			required = 1
			wrap = <a href="JavaScript:window.close();">|</a>
		}
	}
	20 = TEXT
	20 {
		value = close Window
		wrap = <a href="JavaScript:window.close();">|</a>
	}
	wrap = <div id="showpic">|</div>
}

But maybe that's a bit too much overhead to load the complete TSFE in
order to display one image in a popup.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch