[TYPO3-dev] Has anybody seen the divider content element recently?

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Wed May 13 17:50:01 CEST 2009

Susanne Moog schrieb:

> It shall be empty. There is a discussion somewhere in the bug tracker
> about the sense of that but I guess it was originally meant as BE
> element, so you can optically divide lots of content elements on a page
> while having nothing (only some comments in the source) rendered in FE.

Originally it was like this:
tt_content.div = TEXT
tt_content.div.value = <hr>

>> We use it quite often.
>> Editors get the idea of a divider more often than using a frame.
>> Frames often compute to editors like "something puts a frame around
>> something" and not "something at the end of my CE".
>>
>> I'd like to keep it (although removing it could bring some cash ;-))
>
> Where did you find it? Or how did you configure your TYPO3 to show it?
> Or is it just gone in trunk? (Help! ;-) )

css_styled_content/pageTSconfig.txt:	CType.removeItems =
div,rte,script,splash

So the CEs are still there, but CSC removes them (I understand RTE,
script and splash, but removing div seems rather odd to me (or the
author wasn't aware of what it's there for).

All in all:
I'd like to have it back :)

Maybe any "PRO" votes for this? Seems to be a no-brainer.