[TYPO3-dev] OT: Re: PHP requirement

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon May 11 19:08:04 CEST 2009

Hi!

Steffen Müller wrote:
> More important than having an up-to-date backport of FLOW3 code is the
> possibility to learn new programming patterns with TYPO3 4.x (like MVC,
> but also factory, strategy, dependency injection, etc.). Existing TYPO3
> v.4 programmers

You do not need FLOW3 for this. You can do it within one day with Google :)

> The more I think about extbase and the transition, I realize the
> importance of extbase as a knowledge bridge. In contrast to TYPO3 >= 4.2
> design patterns seem to be very important in FLOW3. And I guess there
> are a lot of programmers which are new to those pattern. So extbase is a
> great step to start learning the "art of programming" which is used for
> FLOW3.

Imagine if you start learning physics from exploring the design of the Large Hadron Collider. How much would you learn?

When one learns, (s)he needs theory first. If (s)he jumps directly to samples, his/her knowledge will not be deep but very fragmented and incomplete.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
In the TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/cleaning-your-apple-mighty-mouse.html