[TYPO3-dev] More than 4000 characters in a CLOB

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu May 7 15:28:33 CEST 2009

>> Yes, it is mapped to CLOB, that's OK but as I said, more than 4000
>> characters *cannot* be sent directly with an UPDATE/INSERT statement.
>>
>> The latest pointer I gave says it clearly (it comes from Oracle):
>>
>> [...] but what if you need to be able to store more than its
>> 4,000-byte limit in one go? For this task, you need one of Oracle's
>> Long Object (LOB) types, *which in turn requires that you learn how to
>> use the PHP API for working with LOBs*. That in itself can be daunting
>> for those unfamiliar with it.
>
> ah.... I recall that we had to set the text-handling directive in MS SQL
> Server higher than X n the php.ini.
> Before we did this, we got truncated queries.

I'll first try to update ADOdb as on its forum [1] I found the changelog
of version 5.03:

** Changed oci8 FetchField, which returns the max_length of
BLOB/CLOB/NCLOB as 4000 (incorrectly) to -1.

Perhaps this helps...

[1]
http://phplens.com/lens/lensforum/msgs.php?phplens_forummsg=filterview&num=3&lens_F0=&lens_F1=&lens_F2=4000&_match_forummsg=2&PHPLENS_Filter=Search&_urlParams_=#LensBM_forummsg

--