[TYPO3-dev] Individual RTE config for FCE field - possible solution

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed May 6 01:22:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

I needed to have a different configuration for RTE fields in a flexform
section, which afaik is not possible atm, because the TCA/TCEform
definitions get overridden by pageTS/userTS (or not considered at all as
much as I found out).

I spent some time on this and found some kind of workaround, by handing
over a special fieldname to the TCEform rendering methods. As the
fieldname ($field) seems not to be used for singleField rendering (as
the form ID etc. are already predefined) I simply appended some kind of
breadcrumb of the flexforms structure to the $field variable, which
seems to work quite fine so far (at least for RTE fields, haven't tested
every other field type yet). The mentioned breadcrumb is then used to
specify the path to the RTE configuration.

Example:
TV FCE DS structure/path simplified:
<data><sDEF><section><sectionContainer><field>

RTE configuration in pageTSconfig:
RTE.config.tt_content.tx_templavoila_flex.section.sectionContainer.field {
	// your RTE manipulations here
	showButtons = bold,italic,link,copy,paste
}

I know it's not taking into account the sheet and the DS-id yet, that
might be added if you guys think this could to the trick.

I've uploaded a patch with my rough changes here [1]. The ones
interested are free to test it - but I don't give any guarantee that it
really doesn't break anything (like IRRE or something). Maybe it was a
step into the right direction, maybe only a waste of time. I'm
interested in your comments.

[1] http://hosting.elements-net.de/temp/RTEconfig-for-flexforms.diff
--
kind regards,