[TYPO3-dev] RFC: Language Overlay for Pagetree in BE

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Tue May 5 14:47:03 CEST 2009

Thomas Hempel schrieb:
>> In order to not bloat the TER with extensions that a lot of people
>> would install anyways I wanted to ask for opinions.
>>
>> - Useful for the core?
> +1
>
> I would volunteer to bring that into the core!
>
> By the way, what was the name of the extension?

tx_not_in_ter_yet_because_i_dont_want_to_upload_too_much ;-)

No, for real, I would comment the code and do the regular cleanup.
Then I could attach it so people could take a look how it works.
After that I'd like someone from the HCI team to look over the icon in
order to do everything perfect.

If the basic functionality is agreed upon, I'd simply diff against
alt_db_navframe and webPageTree.

Plus (of course) I'd love it if more people took a look at it to make it
a useful new feature (right now I store the available languages to
choose from in pageTSConfig, but maybe it would make sense to be able to
narrow down these choices via userTSConfig later on (so editor X may
only switch into german and dutch, although spanish and chinese are also
available... you get the point)) ;-)

cheers
Mathias