[TYPO3-dev] RFC: Language Overlay for Pagetree in BE

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Tue May 5 14:14:45 CEST 2009

Hi guys n girls,

I just finished and extension and while looking at it I thought that
maybe this could be something for the core (but wanted to ask for
opinions first), since there might be other people who have the same
problems.

So the basic idea is that (at least afaik) there is no way to trigger
the overlay for the pagetree in the backend to show the titles from a
certain language.

I'd add configurable flag icons after the rootpage so switch an entire
pagetree to german f.x.

The pagetree will then show the titles in german, and - if there is no
translation available yet - another icon to add an translation in the
desired language.

In order to not bloat the TER with extensions that a lot of people would
install anyways I wanted to ask for opinions.

- Useless for the core?
- Useful for the core?

hope to hear from you soon

cheers