[TYPO3-dev] PHP requirement

Jochen Rau j.rau at web.de
Tue May 5 00:17:12 CEST 2009

Hi.

>> I would prefer not to raise the required PHP version again (we raised it
>> for TYPO3 4.2 already from 4.3 to 5.2). I think such version requirement
>> changes should not occur too often and should be avoided if possible.
>>
>> So if there's a workaround, I would prefer that.

Unfortunately, there is no easy workaround to emulate this important
feature of the ReflectionParameter object of PHP. It was first
introduced in 5.1.3 and then fixed in 5.2.3.

> Jochen stated to talk to Olly about raising the requirement. Since he is
> in charge of 4.3, ask him for a statement.
>
> I don't mind raising the requirement. My concern was to have the same
> reqs for ALL core components, because otherwise users get confused.

I discussed this issue with Olly. We agreed on raising the requirement
for Extbase to PHP >=5.2.3. Maybe it will become necessary to raise the
reqirements of TYPO3 4.3, too. If this is not applicable, I will expend
some effort to emulate this method.

Regards
Jochen