[TYPO3-dev] felogin "submit" name problem

Fr. Simon Rundell SCP simon at rundell.org.uk
Tue May 5 00:10:00 CEST 2009

Dear All,

I havn't been away, I've just been lurking for a long time, but I have to
resurface to ask another stupid development question...

I have run into a problem when the login box (what used to be newloginbox
and is now felogin) is on the same page as, well anything really.

I would really like to submit a form on the same page in Javascript, but
this fails because the felogin button is named "submit" (a surprisingly poor
choice, really) and so I get the error "submit() is not a function".

So,

a) is there anywhere I can tell the felogin extension to change its name
b) can anyone crack changing the name programatically because
document.getElementById('submit').name="submit2"; doesn't work
c) can we ask the core team to change the default name from "submit" real
quick!
d) suggest a better solution

I have been tearing my hair out on this one.

Prayers and Blessings,

Fr. S

Fr. Simon Rundell SCP
Parish of S. Thomas the Apostle, Elson
The Vicarage, 21 Elson Road, Gosport, Hants, UK, PO12 4BL
Tel: 02392 582824  Mob: 07976 802123
email: simon at rundell.org.uk
web:   http://www.thomastheapostle.info/
blog:   http://frsimon.wordpress.com