[TYPO3-dev] Wrong timezone handling

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon May 4 22:33:29 CEST 2009

Vladimir Podkovanov wrote: on 04.05.2009 20:12:

>> Vladimir Podkovanov wrote:
>>> IMHO it is should not work like this. Client should send UTC time to
>>> server.
>>> Why it should send UTC+TZ+TZ? Can you explain?
>>
>> Internal logic is the reason. You get the correct result in the end,
>> right?
>
> You will get correct result only if you have same TZ on client and
> server, if they are not the same you got wrong result in DB. I will play
> more and post few tests to prove it.

Yes, please do. Maybe we have some scenario that is not being handled
right yet. So if you have any test where the user input time is not what
gets stored because of different TZ settings, this would be indeed a bug
and we must go after it. I thought that we had gotten it all already. :)

Your reasoning sounds convincing, yet I won't dig into it more before I
have some test-case where something really wents wrong (meaning wrong
data being stored).

Cheers,
Ernesto