[TYPO3-dev] Wrong timezone handling

Vladimir Podkovanov admin at sitesfactory.ru
Mon May 4 17:53:00 CEST 2009

Dan Osipov wrote:
> Yes, I checked form data before it was submitted to the server, and also
> stepped in with a debugger in TCE processing where date field is offset.
> After everything is done date is stored correctly.
>
> I use FF.

Well, I also use FF and it sends UTC+TZ+TZ from FF to server.
You right, that it is _stored_ correctly, but it _sends_ incorrectly.

Pls, let see again :)

1. how should be:
CLIENT ==(UTC)==> SERVER
SERVER ==(UTC + serverTZ)==> DB

2. how it is working now:
CLIENT ==(UTC + 2*clientTZ)==> SERVER
SERVER ==((UTC + 2*clientTZ) - serverTZ)==> DB

IF serverTZ and clientTZ are the same then in both cases you will get
UTC+TZ in DB, so the bug is not clearly visible. It will be obvious if
client and server TZ differs.

Can you please write you timezone and write timestamp from raw POST
data. I want to sort out if it is real bug or whatever.

--
-rgds-
Vladimir