[TYPO3-dev] PHP requirement

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon May 4 16:15:34 CEST 2009

Hi!

Steffen Müller wrote:
> I stumbled upon a bug which breaks extbase when using PHP < 5.2.3
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/3224
> Jochen set the requirement of extbase to PHP >= 5.2.3 which resolved the
> bug.
>
> If extbase is going to be shipped as a sysext (which means it is part of
> the core), it seems logical to me to raise this PHP requirement also for
> the rest of the core. Otherwise extbase will not run on certain systems
> (Debain Etch, SUSE 10.2, ...).
>
> What do you think?
>
> Crossposting to MVC project, please consider the follow-up to typo3.dev.

SuSE 10.3 upgrades PHP from 5.2.6 to 5.2.9, I expect SuSE 10.2 does the same due to security issues in older PHP versions.

No idea about Debian updates but if it is Debian Etch vs Extbase, than core team majority most likely will choose Extbase and drop Debian Etch support. At least I expect so...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
In TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/when-do-you-need-chash-in-typo3.html