[TYPO3-dev] rendering a modified tt_content record inside of plugin

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Mar 31 18:55:36 CEST 2009

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:26:58 +0200 Steffen Kamper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> bernd wilke schrieb:
>> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:37:52 +0300 Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> bernd wilke wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Yes, possible. CSS styled content does that by using 'tt_content' TS
>>> object.
>>
>> can you give me a hint where I can find an usage or example?
>>
>> bernd
>
> doesn't this work?
>
> 10 = RECORDS
> 10.source.current = 1
>
> vg Steffen

I'm inside an extension plugin. it is a new contentelement so the type is
neither text/image nor plugin.
As I have it configured it enables the same fields as of type image.
So the TYPO3 rendering calls class.tx_myext_pi1.php and there I want to
render the fields of the current tt_content record ($this->cObj->data) as
if it is of type image. Before that I want to change some fields like
caption, width, ...
If I would use $this->cObj->RECORDS(array('source.'=>array
('current'=>1))) it will end in a loop as this would call my plugin again
with the original record from the database instead of a modified version
in memory which I could provide.

I could build a fix TS-array, but I want my extension to use the std-
typoscript-configuration which can be differnt on every installation.
(e.g. pmkslimbox modifies the rendering of images, or someone has defined
a special frame for images on his website)

bernd