[TYPO3-dev] Depreciation log grows too fast and too big

Niels Pardon mail at niels-pardon.de
Tue Mar 31 18:29:54 CEST 2009

Hi!

I just recognized that on my development machine the depreciation log
was about 600 MB. Those data was collected during some weeks.
Nevertheless I feel like this file is growing too fast and is getting
too big.

I am currently wondering what value this log should offer to common
TYPO3 administrators?

I personally think this log is completely useless and does just consume
space on my HDD without providing any value.

So what about throwing this log away or at least inventing a switch to
turn off logging the depreciation messages to the filesystem?

Greets,

Niels