[TYPO3-dev] indexed_Search + categories

Peter Jaraczewski peter at norvlit.de
Fri Mar 27 14:57:54 CET 2009

Hi there,

I have problems to configure indexed_search properly to work with
categories.

I have set up the crawler to index via cronjob, checked "use external
crawler extension for indexing" checkbox in the extansion manager,
configured the crawler in PageTS or rot site, created several indexing
configurations on news-detail-pages, everything becomes indexed, CfgUid
is written into database, defaultfreeindexUid is set in Setup of
indexed_search ext-template, in "advanced search" the selectbox for
categories appears and shows up all categories correctly.

The problem now is: no matter which sword I use, if there are matches,
they are displayed in each category. Indexed search seems to ignore the
CfgUid (freeindexUid) completely during search.

If for example "All, categorized" ich selected in advanced search, each
category displays 108 matches for sword: xyz. Each category has
identical matches in comparsion to the other categories.

Doku says (and shows in the screenshots as well) such a configuration is
possible.

Am I missing something out? Did anyone ever configured indexed_search +
categories? Even Kaspers podcast according this topic didn't help.

Any Suggestions?

Regards

the despaired peter