[TYPO3-dev] Dynamic path in $TCA

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Mar 27 12:36:33 CET 2009

Hey Vivian,

sounds like a nice idea, however this is currently not possible that
way, but it'd be great if you'd create a feature request in the BT or
even code it yourself and send the feature to the core list so we can
get it in the next version.

For now, I could imagine to have a very hacky way to get it done right
now, would be to modify the TCA in the extTables.php based on PHP
conditions, I had this in one installation to modify the output of the
TCEforms:

=========
if ($_REQUEST['id'] == 115 || strpos($_REQUEST['returnUrl'], 'id=115')) {
	$GLOBALS['TCA']['tx_cal_event']['ctrl']['title'] = 'Publikationen';
	$GLOBALS['TCA']['tx_cal_category']['ctrl']['title'] = 'Kategorien';
}

I hope you can get the trick and start off, if you need it "quick and
dirty", however I'd recommend looking into the t3lib class where the
uploadfolder variable is used and change it accordingly to that.

All the best,
Benni.