[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 + memcached

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Mar 25 13:17:03 CET 2009

Hi!

Goedegebure, B.M. (0763871) wrote:
> I tried benchmarking typo3 + memcached with instructions from Dmitry's blog http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/how-to-enable-memcached-cache-in-typo3-43.html. But on my setup it didn't gain any performance requests per second wise. So I checked if memcached holded some records and it did. I'm curious if anyone have seen any performance gain with this setup?

There are a lot of factors that have to join together to give the increase in performance. For example:
- good load to server (single ab will not be able to make such load)
- requests to different pages (single page data goes to mysql cache and next time it is as fast as memcached)
- memcached should serve at least cache_pages and cache_hash (better if it does cache_pagesection too)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team