[TYPO3-dev] Hide flexform field with typoscript in TSconfig

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Mar 23 15:42:12 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>
>> What might be a problem is that the flexform fields support the loading
>> of different definitions by type and subtype of the record. In theory
>> the same XPath could match for different forms. This may or may not been
>> intended by the site admin. So I think that it mus be possible to tie an
>> XPath to the correct (sub)type of the record.
>>
>> Masi
>
> this shouldn't be the case or it's wrong by design. Fields should always
> be unique by name, even if there is type/subtype condition.

I don't think that plugin authors create field names that are completely
unique. I have not worried til now and used short names like "email" in
the flex form configurations of my plugins. Looking at other peoples'
extensions they did likewise.

This means if extension A has a field "email" in its FF, and extension B
has it too then I need a way as an admin to distinguish them.

For types this not a problem as we have already a configuration for this:

[tablename].[field]
[tablename].[field].types.[type]

Maybe we can get something like this:

[tablename].[field].types.[type].subtypes.[subtype]

Masi