[TYPO3-dev] Weird Upgrade Problem 4.1.x -> 4.2.x

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Thu Mar 19 17:20:12 CET 2009

Hi,

> Is there a reason to not use UTF-8 for contents in files? .php .xml
> .tmpl, ...?
> I read about that somewhere, can't remember where atm.

Maybe you're thinking of the thread about TS include files and UTF-8.
Depending on which OS and with which program you've generated the file,
you may have a Byte-Order Mark (BOM) at the beginning of the file, which
makes the TS parser choke. If you don't have an editor that can avoid
this BOM, the simple workaround is to leave the first line empty, or
make it a comment.

One day maybe I'll have time and motivation to write a patch to catch
the BOM automatically... :-)

Cheers

--

Francois Suter