[TYPO3-dev] Weird Upgrade Problem 4.1.x -> 4.2.x

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Mar 18 13:31:42 CET 2009

Peter Russ schrieb:
> [...]

This is the way. The problem was the difference between the connection
charset and the storage charset. The Core developers did not anticipate
such a setup (as it means the DB has to convert bewteen the charsets for
*every* SQL query).

I guess it should be mentioned somewhere that such a setup is not supported.

Masi