[TYPO3-dev] Weird Upgrade Problem 4.1.x -> 4.2.x

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Tue Mar 17 22:58:01 CET 2009

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Martin Kutschker
Datum:       17.03.2009 22:45:
> Peter Russ schrieb:
>> On a system a new customer asked us to upgrade we experience weird
>> upgrade problems with Mysql:
>> MySQL 5.0.51 running on utf-8
>
> Did you use utf8 before the TYPO3 upgrade?
>
> A BLOB has no charset, but a TEXT has. So if you convert the DB from
> iso-8859-1 to utf8, the BLOB fields are not converted. If you change the
> BLOBs later to TEXT fields they are broken as you have now iso-8859-1
> data in utf8 fields.
>
> So you must change the BLOBs to TEXT fields and *after* that convert the
> DB to utf8.
>
> Masi

Thank you for your answer.
The point is that on the same database in 4.1.10 I have no problems.
After upgrading to 4.2.6 is broken...
That's what confuses me.

As long as I don't compare/upgrade the DB in 4.2.6 I can see the records
  and templates in the Backend (ok there are some error about some
arrays - but in general...)
But as soon as the upgrade is done the blob->text field in the backend
turns crazy...

Example:
_before_ in total: 71 lines and
### Wrapper für die Überschriften ####