[TYPO3-dev] Weird Upgrade Problem 4.1.x -> 4.2.x

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Tue Mar 17 11:38:43 CET 2009

On a system a new customer asked us to upgrade we experience weird
upgrade problems with Mysql:
MySQL 5.0.51 running on utf-8

Before update we get Umlaute displayed in sys_template
When updating lot of sys_template fields get converted from blob to
something more specific. By that Umlaute get's lost, i.e. the template
get trunicated at the first occurrance of an Umlaut.

We tried to fix by exclude the sys_template fields from upgrade. That
helps a little because fields in other tables are also converted from
blob to something. And we experience the same problem there.

So to make it short:
Is there parameter that we can add to setInitDB to enable clean transfer
from blob to any other required type?

Thanks in advance. Peter

--
Fiat lux! Docendo discimus.