[TYPO3-dev] Syslog confusion

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Mar 17 10:26:07 CET 2009

Hi,

>> I find this situation somewhat confusing. How about making
>> t3lib_div::sysLog() capable of writing to the sys_log table and have
>> TCEmain call that method instead of it's own log()? Does that make
>> sense? One issue is that the log() method accepts far more parameters
>> that t3lib_div::sysLog()...
>>
>> Maybe the simpler solution is just to add a hook inside TCEmain's log().
>
> To be complete, the changes would be made in
> t3lib_userAuthGroup::writelog(), since this is called by
> t3lib_TCEmain::log().

+1. I find it very confusing too.

And btw, I find it not clear at all how to properly activate
syslog/writelog/devlog in auth service. DevLog is OK but syslog/writelog
has multiple inheritance and for instance my own auth service does not
"writelog" at all because it's being deactivated somewhere...

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html