[TYPO3-dev] Temporarily Closing Typo3 Database Connection

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon Mar 16 15:08:17 CET 2009

Frank Weindel schrieb:
> Thanks for your reply. The problem is that the function that sends out
> the mass mailing to 20000+ people takes a very long time to finish and
> does not access the database. So sometime during the execution of that
> function we lose the connection to the database so after that function
> returns and we try to query the database it fails. I'm thinking the
> disconnection is due to a connection timeout. We do not want to increase
> the timeout.

Hola,

ah, now I see.
Still, it sounds rather odd to me, since any new request should connect
to the DB just fine.

Another idea I have (rather dirty) run a counter and issue an select
every... 500 records or so?

Never heard of that problem (and we got jobs that run for longer than an
hour without talking to the DB), sounds much like the stup is involved.

cheers
Mathias