[TYPO3-dev] multilingual database relations fields

Horn Gábor gabor at h3online.hu
Sat Mar 14 22:13:18 CET 2009

Hello,

i'm trying to create a new extension, and run into some problems with
multilingaul behaviour. I have one "main" database table, let's call it
"member" table. It has a property called "role" and i want to be able to
assign multiple roles to members, and also edit the list of possible
roles in the backend - so i added a table called "role", and set the
role field in my member table to be a "database relation" using my
"role" table. I also want my plugin to be multilingaul so i enabled
localization for all my tables in the kickstarter.

After writing this extension from the kickstarter i can add roles, and
then when i add a member i properly can select from the previously added
roles the appropriate ones. So far so good :)

But if i add a translation to one of my roles, then in the member recod
edit form the translated version of that record also appears as a
possible role - together with the default language version of that role.
Sadly this is very confusing to the editors.

Is there a way to configure my plugin to only use the default language
records of my roles in the BE member form? In the frontend it's not a
problem to show the appropriate langauge version from these MM
relations, getRecordOverlay seems to handle it well. It's only the BE
where i have this problem.

Can somebody point me to some direction where i can find information
about it?

regards, Gabor Horn