[TYPO3-dev] Create and login temp user

Sebastian Gebhard s.gebhard at markenmotiv.de
Thu Mar 12 10:51:48 CET 2009

Hi list,

i'm currently working on an extension that can be used both by guests
and logged in FE users. The extension has to store some data while it is
used and associate the data with the user.
Of course the ragarding table has a field user_id which points to
fe_users table.
Now for guests I thought about creating a temporary fe_users record and
log the user in silently.

How can I do that login? I took a look at tslib_feuserauth but none of
the methods seems to fit my requirements. Would you give me a hint please?

Thanks and regards,
Sebastian