[TYPO3-dev] typo3/mod.php does NOT allow scrolling

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Mar 11 11:37:09 CET 2009

Hi,
>> Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] wrote:
>>> I found another minor issue.
>>> If we set the overflow thingy to auto, modules that need more width than
>>> bigDoc allows (roughly 650 pixels or something), they will trigger a
>>> horizontal scrollbar.
>>
>> What about using "overflow-y: auto" instead of "overflow: auto"?
>>

> Works weird in FF3 and IE6.
> But this seems to do the job...
> overflow-y: auto;
> overflow-x: hidden;
>
> So...
> Do I make a patch for this?

why prohibiting the horizontal scrollbar by default if needed by the
displayed content? And why the 650px limit in bigDoc (or at all)? Just
make it 100% and everybody is happy - it really sucks having only a
small workarea on large screens and have it not adjustable for smaller
ones. So simply use relative dimensions and not fixed px dimensions.

Same for the RTE - why not using the available screen width by default
(setting 100% is not working like expected due to the wrapping table in
TCEforms) - come one and finally arrive in the year 2009 where the
output device can have more (or less) than 800x600px.
--
kind regards,
Franz Koch