[TYPO3-dev] Make BE-Users able to set/change their OpenID

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Mar 11 00:24:17 CET 2009

Hi list,

as we decided to move discussion about this away from core list some days
ago, I want to start here right now:

Currently normal (aka non-admin) BE-users can't change their own OpenID.
This should be changed (if admin wants so).

Solution:
(1) add a new field in setup (User -> Settings) to set/change own OpenID.
-> Waiting for Benni's setup cleanup and Steffen's hook integration

(2) add an option to enable the new field for users/usergroups (default:
don't display this field)
variants:
* new clickable option in user(group) settings
* UserTS setting

optional:
(3) define a global URL prefix for OpenID in companies with on OpenID server
(e.g. https://openid.mycompany.com/) and automatically add username
afterwards.

I await your comments/opinion on this (esp. on (3) as I don't know all
schemes of URLs which can be used and weather such an option makes sense at
all).

Regards
Steffen