[TYPO3-dev] SQL errors in Install Tool in TRUNK (possibly related to new cache system?)

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sat Mar 7 09:26:14 CET 2009

Hi,

> My understanding of the Install Tool is that it should be independent
> from TYPO3. Meaning that a faulty TYPO3 should not have any impact on
> the Install Tool.
>
> Am I right ?

I thought so too until I encountered this problem yesterday evening. But
install/index.php actually calls on typo3/init.php. This is not run in
its full length, but just for a little bit. However that bit is
sufficient for things done in the Core in general to affect the Install
Tool. I think this is a real issue and should be changed.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter