[TYPO3-dev] SQL errors in Install Tool in TRUNK (possibly related to new cache system?)

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Mar 7 07:47:38 CET 2009

Hi Patrick,

First of all, great to have sent a post hour "constant Pi" this morning ;-)

>> Just an idea: it may be nice in a future version of devlog to be able
>> to log to a file instead. This would allow debugging the setup tool too.
>
> My understanding of the Install Tool is that it should be independent
> from TYPO3. Meaning that a faulty TYPO3 should not have any impact on
> the Install Tool.
>
> Am I right ?

Yes as the install tool is here to actually configure TYPO3 such that it
runs smoothly. Install tool does not issue (or should not issue) PHP
warnings/errors when trying to connect to the DB. As Francois pointed
out, this may be caused by the use of devlog call in install code. When
you do not have this extension, no problem, but when you have it, it
tries to log information to the DB which, as Francois found, is not yet
available / corresponding classes are not instantiated.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en