[TYPO3-dev] DB Performance Problems (fe_sessions table)

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Wed Mar 4 21:42:56 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Susanne Moog wrote:
>> MySQL log shows thousands of the following queries:
>>
>> DELETE FROM fe_sessions    WHERE    ses_id =
>> '9dd6ed3c54bdf13ea23cb82a7c095831'    AND ses_name = 'fe_typo_user'
>
> This table should be InnoDB. If it is MyISAM, you will have performance problems.

Hmm, it is already InnoDB. Seems these queries are not the problem then.
I have to look further. Can you (or someone) tell me how to tell for
sure if a plugins output is cached? (Most of our plugins are USER but
where can I take a look if they really are cached?)

>> We do not have frontend users and the table "fe_sessions" is empty. The
>> log does not show any inserts for that table.
>>
>> Can someone give me a hint where and why those queries are generated
>> (and what I can do against it ;))
>
> TYPO3 creates FE sessions even when user is not logged in. Plugins still can save data in session. So TYPO3 saves sessions and cleans them up from time to time.

Ah thanks for the explanation, I still wonder a bit, why this is the way
it is, as we don't use sessions at all and could happily live without
that (it can't be disabled?).

Thank you for your answer,

Susanne