[TYPO3-dev] link doesn't support 2 classes

Thomas Allmer at at delusionworld.com
Wed Mar 4 13:27:23 CET 2009

Christopher Torgalson wrote:
> This isn't a solution to your problem, but I just wanted to point out
> that what you're describing is almost certainly the by-design
> behaviour of the .typolink funtion--read the 'parameter' section in
> the TSref [1].

it's the way typolink gets saved to the db...
if you define something more with .ATagParams or so it get's saved as
html...

but as class and title are just separated by a space in the typolink it
can't accept two or more classes (which are also separated by space)

I was just wondering if until now nobody needed 2 classes for a link
inside the RTE...

it's a limitation by design and the solution is "simple" just don't save
typolink - save links as html and post modify the url of links...
in the good old days writing
<link 12>ga</link>
was easier than

but you could use now (if you post modify links)
which is as easy as before but you are more flexible as
also works...

so I guess the "old" link isn't really needed anymore...
or do I get something wrong?

cheers