[TYPO3-dev] Best technique for a BE-form onchange

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Tue Mar 3 15:20:10 CET 2009

Hey,

On 03.03.2009 10:34 Uhr, Peter Russ wrote:
> thanks for your reply. So to make it short:
>
> * there is no way to update a single field or just a form at the current
> state of TCA and TCEforms
Nope. Again, it could have a lot of side-effects, just a simple reload
could have constraints (that's why right now the whole page is reloaded).

Well, I'm thinking of a "fadeOut/fadeIn" without reloading when e.g.
changing the pagetype :), and then some tabs get added, and some fields
are just getting removed.

> * a new version of TCEforms is on the way. What is the status or roadmap
> for that? Links?
Andreas Wolf is working on it. Status: Mmmh, I would say he's got a lot
of stuff done (TCEforms split up in single classes), but there are some
critical issues left. Once my other project (the uploader) is done, I
want to hop on and help with the development. The code is in the
"listmodule" branch, you can get that from forge. If you're interested
in helping to test or develop, contact Andreas directly. That would be
awesome... TCEforms right now is just such a mess, we need to
straightend that out.

> * Before waiting to get a working version of TCEforms I would like to
> proceed, define the requirements. Depending on the status of TCEforms I
> would recommend than either to starting developing on "old" version or
> new version
Well, a requirement paper (maybe in the wiki?) would be awesome, so we
can share our thoughts.

> Where is the right place to discuss these items?
Here is the perfect place, via PM (if it's getting too big), or in the
4.3 mailing list, together with the 4.3

Benni.