[TYPO3-dev] RFC: Fully rewritten doc_core_services

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Mar 2 15:16:58 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm working on all the remarks in this thread, ahead of releasing the
doc officially.

> page meta-information / USER:
> 1. author -> email
> 2. email -> author
> 3. language ("en" in this case)

Hmm, language looks correct for me... Author was missing actually.

> page 5 text:
> "As you see the while loop will is exited when a service gives a result"
> -> "As you see the while loop is exited when a service gives a result."

OK

> page 6 Parameters:
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SVCONF'][service type][service key][config key] = value;
>
> page 7 (and all other places of template-names):
> better would be big letters so its clear not just to copy-past this
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SVCONF']['SERVICE TYPE']['SERVICE KEY']['CONFIG KEY']
> = value;

I don't really agree with this. Putting those names in caps and between
quotes make them look like "SVCONF", which doesn't seem like a good
idea. I added italics styling though to make them stand out some more.

> page 8:
> The development mailing (typo3.dev) is a good place to discuss new
> service types.
> ->
> "The development mailing list (typo3.dev) is a good place to discuss new
> service types."

OK

Thanks

--