[TYPO3-dev] Hooks with interface

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Mar 2 14:07:41 CET 2009

Franz Koch wrote:

Hi Franz,

> sorry for the probably stupid question,

IIRR there's no thing like a stupid question, only stupid answers

> but how would registering a hook
> method look like in this case - will the registration be per file/class
> or would it then still be possible to register only for a certain hook
> out of 20 others in the same class?

just the same as it is right now.

If there are more than one method you need to implement for a certain
hook they will all be in one interface. If the hook requires only one
function (through an interface) you only have to implement that one of
course.

The real advantage is that we can change the parameters or add new
methods for a hook _if needed_ and you will notice that.

HTH
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner