[TYPO3-dev] Copy records

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sun Mar 1 20:13:23 CET 2009

Hi,

> yes, and i'm willing to invest time here, which is the reason i ask here
> before. Having some discussion, ideas and statements before help to get
> this solved.

Indeed I think this requires a bit of thinking before action.

> So i'm interested in your opinion, also with versioning records how to
> handle that.

Versioning is what worries me most. Now the more we can just rely on
TCEmain, the easier it will be to solve, as we can hope versioning will
be handled transparently.

My idea was the following: when a record is moves, copied or deleted
(and I guess we should care about undelete too, now that the recycler is
close to getting into the core), we should fetch all the translations of
that record (that are in the same workspace) and simply add those
records to the list of records that are affected by the action (so it's
a kind of pre-processing, before TCEmain really kicks in).

For copy we additionally need to make sure that the copies of the
translations will properly relate to the copy of the original.

What problems would you foresee?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter