[TYPO3-dev] Copy records

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Mar 1 10:49:20 CET 2009

Hi,

as i was confronted with a simular request in TV section, i found same
request for core, which is the right section.

The request asks if it's possible, if you copy a record, the
translations should be copied too.

This seems quit logic for me. If i have 10 languages, and i copy an
element, i have to do it 9 times for each language too, which is not a
nice job.

As the TCA shows where the translations are, this shouldn't be a big
deal for tcemain.

What about the versions of the record? Imho these should not be inclded.

I was very suprised to find this request from Francois from 2004! I
think now it's the time to solve it, what do you think?

vg Steffen