[TYPO3-dev] Hooks with interface

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Mar 1 10:39:04 CET 2009

Hi,

now we have the rule that new hooks has to come with an interface. That
is good as everyone see in interface which hooks are present and how to
implement them.
But - If we extend the interface with a new method, all extensions using
the interface won't work any more as they don't have the new method in
the hook, which i think is a big problem.
See as example t3lib_tceformsInlineHook where it will needed one day to
implement a new method as the interface is for the complete class.

How to prevent such future errors?

vg Steffen