[TYPO3-dev] FYI: comparing execution speed of some php functions

Niels Pardon mail at niels-pardon.de
Sun Jun 28 17:31:15 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen!

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> no - it'S a different issue.

I really think the testcase Rupert wrotes is the issue I mentioned as
the method he tries to call statically is not declared as static.

If you really want to test performance between an object call and a
static call you should do it with two methods one being declared static
and one not.

As the PDF I mentioned says there is an performance issue between
calling the same method with an object or a static call if it is not
declared static.

Accessing an object via a global variable might indeed be another issue.

Greets,

Niels