[TYPO3-dev] TER and DOS newline

Ivan Kartolo ivan.kartolo at dkd.de
Sun Jun 28 00:18:55 CEST 2009

Hi List,

as many of you know, direct_mail is still using an old cron script to
automatically send the newsletter. I just newly wrote a CLI script to be
used with TYPO3 CLi dispatcher.

For most of the direct_mail users, who still keep running the old cron
script, they expect after updating the new direct_mail version from TER,
they don't need to change anything through the console. But some of
direct_mail users reported to me, that somehow this old cron script
(dmailerd.phpcron) has DOS newsline.

At first I thought, that I made a wrong configuration on my Eclipse. But
after checking it over and over again, I'm sure that the cron script has
the right (UNIX) newline. Today I just downloaded direct_mail from TER,
and indeed the cron script has DOS newline.

Does it mean, there's a bug in TER which automatically convert newline
of files, which has an unknown file extension (the cron script has
phpcron file extension)? the other php files have UNIX newline.

regards,

--
Ivan Kartolo
Certified TYPO3 Integrator

Want to support the development of Direct Mail?
- Report some bugs (http://bugs.typo3.org)
- Send me patch
- Send me some donation per PayPal to ivan.kartolo(at)gmail(dot)com