[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jun 26 00:28:06 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann schrieb:
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> This is also the way I see it and why I do not consider performance
>> tuning as bugfixing and thus I would not like to see that in
>> maintainance releases.
>
> Did you ever had a look how the rest of the universe handles this?

thanks for that examples. For me it shows that performance boost is
worth for updates without having change of behaviour.
I don't know why so many fear that they loose a "stable" version. Look
at the bugfixes - the release wasn't stable, as the fixes shows. And who
ever fears shouldn't update.
And - performance boost is a good selling argument for the clients. The
normal case is that you sell the client the update. Best reason:
security enhancements. Security is important for each client. Then,
performance is very important too, it gives a feeling of a professional
product. But this is only marketingwise.

And - all is a continuing process - new bugs will be found, fixed and
committed for the next release, where i come back to the wanted
situation of having more releases at all in the same time.

vg Steffen