[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed Jun 24 14:06:09 CEST 2009

Hi Rupi,

Rupert Germann wrote:
> do you mean the possibility that somebody creates a new language overlay of
> a page during a request?
> come on, we're talking about a timespan of milliseconds here.

No, what I mean is a scenario like this:

A FE plugin does this:
 - first fetches the page record with getPage_noCheck($uid)
 - then it changes the record using an UPDATE SQL statement
 - then it calls getPage_noCheck($uid) again to get the updated result

...or something like this.

>From my experience, that is the most frequent way in which such caches
break something.

However, I agree that such a situation appears quite improbable for the
specific function we're talking about.

cheers
Ingmar