[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Wed Jun 24 10:26:51 CEST 2009

Hi.

On 24.06.2009 01:33 Lars Houmark wrote:
> My main concern is the very long interval between main releases, and
> because of the current policy TYPO3 will keep staying slow (in relation
> to what it could have been with all the performance patches committed)
> for years (4.2 was released April 23, 2008 = 14 months, 4.3 is months
> away), and all the other CMS' will outperform easily.

You are right. If the interval would be shorter, we would not have to
discuss this issue here.

I know 4.3 will ship so many brilliant new feature that waiting for so
long was worth the time. But it could have been divided into 4.3 and
4.4, both released in half of the time 4.3 lasts now.

--
cheers,
Steffen

TYPO3 Blog: http://www.t3node.com/