[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Wed Jun 24 10:21:53 CEST 2009

Hi.

On 24.06.2009 02:37 Michael Stucki wrote:
> I see that TYPO3 has two different groups of users:
>
> 1) Users who want a perfect CMS on their website
> 2) Users who need a reliable CMS on their website
>
> While the first group is probably pretty wide-spread over this mailing
> list, the other one most likely is completely missing.

As an administrator, I'd like to see the maintainance release policy
unchanged. Rollout is a critical task and patch releases which change
functionality can cause pita.
Those who need bleeding edge could patch.

But if the community decides to open maintainance releases for
functional changes, I'd plead for a strong policy, which demands 3 or 4
votes by testing and reading from core devs + additional release manager.

--
cheers,
Steffen

TYPO3 Blog: http://www.t3node.com/